Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dreaded Stand Still...

Today I have fully realized how important HinckleDoodle has become to me. I truly adore my fans and try to make the best effort to build friendships, business relationships, and quality products. I have realized that in MO I had created a routine to try and keep constant content coming to my biz page to keep my fans interested and involved. I tried my hardest (and enjoyed every minute of it) to upload pictures every 2 or 3 days of finished products. It's been so long since I've finished something.

Here's the supplies I have right now:

I have this and maybe 4 ozs of stuffing :(

And if my supplies that I currently have were equivalent to a 12-inch ruler...this isn't even a centimeter of what I have. The rest is being stored away in a military warehouse until we get a more permanent home that I have no access to! :( It's really bringing me down! And I can't just go get more since money is tight until the Army reimburses us for our move!

I CAN gladly say that yesterday was my first full sunny day in NY! It's beautiful! This is how warm days are supposed to feel. No humidity that drenches you in sweat as soon as you walk out the door!

Here's some fun things I've discovered about NY, since I arrived:

- U-Turns are legal! Aaahhh I know the first time someone does that in front of me, I'm going to freak out lol I told my husband that there is no way I'll ever do one. That's the last thing this world needs me getting used to! I would be pulling them at every chance I got lol Darn woman drivers, right?

- The traffic lights are different. Confusing! There are so many lights and signs at every intersection. I'll try and get a picture of them for my Missourians as soon as I can.

- Do bugs even exist here? I have seen maybe 2 or 3. When I was outside last night, I noticed that around the outside light there were no bugs at all flying around it! In Missouri, there's literally hundreds of bugs crowding around a light at night. I thought that was strange AND AWESOME! I'm crossing my fingers, June Bugs don't exist here lol

This is our current temporary home:












And this is our temporary front yard...an intersection... Sigh lol
ANDDDD my husband came up with a grand idea that I shall start implementing here on my blog that I think everyone will enjoy. My daughter, Owen Amelia, is one of the kookiest characters that has ever been. She says the funniest things. I've always thought she'd be able to have her own show and I've been meaning to make a book that is nothing but Owen quotes :) And so, my husband said I should start putting out "Owenisms" lol So I think with every blog post and occasionally on my biz page, I'll put a quote or two from my funny daughter that will surely put a smile on your face!

1st Owenism ever shared and this is an old one, but it's my favorite so far:


"Yeah, well...
you're a twisty tornado in a garden of rotten cheese."

This was her comeback to her Dad after he was teasing her. HILARIOUS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment