Monday, January 23, 2012

Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis:  a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism... I feel like this is what's happening to HinckleDoodle.

I started June 26th, 2011 with the art of plushie making. And yesterday, I looked through my photo albums and it amazes me how my work has progressed in about 6 months time.

Here, I'll show you:

My owls. My first popular product. 


1.   
2.
3.


As far as construction, huge differences in all 3! And design is relatively similar, but there's so much more personality in the newer items.

Then there's Mushcakes to Cupkins...


1. 
2. 
3.


Ahhh, my beloved Mushcakes. They were actually rather difficult to make. I'm so glad that I upgraded to Cupkins. Still just as cute, but much better made. I'm growing as an artist and I'm hoping it shows.

I was so proud of my creations in the beginning. Looking back I'm almost embarassed...what I feel now for my latest creations is what I felt back then.
It's odd...you know that's what's going to happen the longer you stick with something, but you forget it as you go. I took the time today to stop and smell the roses and take in the progress, success, and growth I have experienced thus far. I love this journey!

And I'm glad for all those who have stuck with me. I've tripped a few times and I know I'll trip a few more and then some because it's inevitable (and I'm just plain clumsy!).

1 comment:

  1. You have grown as an artist! Good job and keep up the good work! Love all that you do!

    ReplyDelete