Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

Betsey the dinosaur was a big hit! I had so much wonderful feedback from her. If you haven't seen her yet, she's a purple brontosaurus....


And, of course, there's a huge request for boy dinos! I know, I know, I will, I promise! I think because I only have one child and she's a girl that I tend to make girly things. I have some in the process!

It's weird. I don't know how I made Betsey out of a 9x12 piece of felt, because I went to make a couple more and could not make it fit! lol So alas, I have to wait til I get another shipment of felt. BUT I took the time to figure out a smaller dino: STEGOSAURUS! It came along rather easy and I love where it's going!

Side View

Front View

I have become wiser and practice my patterns with the cheap acrylic felt. It costs $1.10 for one piece of the wool blend felt I LOVE and just 20 cents for the acrylic. It's so easily seen how I respect my felt. I am SOOOO meticulous about making the "pretty felt" lasting as long as I can. I waste almost none of it! I'll save 1 inch pieces just because it may be enough for a paw or foot! lol

I'm excited to make some stegos! I have a girl one that's silver grey with purple and pink spikes in the works. And also a heathered green tinted grey (hard to describe!) with blue and green spikes in progress! I'm very excited to be able to get those finished and posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment